I recently saw a comment on a Facebook group I’m a member of, berating Instagram users for unfollowing other Instagram users. “It’s not very supportive,” the comment read. I suddenly panicked; was she talking about me?! I frequently unfollow people on Instagram, for a whole host of reasons:
- I found myself following 7,500 users on Instagram, at which point the app prohibits the addition of any more users – so, y’know, needs must.
- I don’t want to see pictures of people’s children / nights out (I do, however, want to see pictures of your dogs, so, y’know, moredogsplz).
- I love a good inspirational quote as much as the next totally stupid person, but if your account is 100% inspirational quotes, I’m out.
- Finally, while I am no stranger to the flattering, duck-face selfie, I’m not interested in accounts that are just selfies. Unless you’re a make-up blogger, and even then, you’d better be a really good one.
That all being said, there are a few accounts that I love to follow, because they’re gorgeous and/or really interesting. Wanna know what they are? Read on…
1. Anouska Proetta Brandon (@anouskapb)
Okay, so this one’s a doozy – Anouska’s an Irish blogger with one of the best aesthetics out there, and her Instagram account is breathtakingly gorgeous.
2. Joana (@styletraces)
This Irish-based ‘grammer has serious flatlay skills that would put even the most professional social media expert to shame – and her person style is pretty darn good, too. Insta inspo.
3. April & the Bear (@aprilandthebear)
4. Symmetry Breakfast (@symmetrybreakfast)
The beauty and joy of this OCD lovers’ paradise of an Instagram account is fairly self-explanatory. Serious #breakfastgoals, right there.
5. Molly McKeever (@mymollypocket)
Molly’s a yoga teacher, fashion maven and interiors expert – judging by the office she’s crafted in the attic of her home. I love the variety – and gorgeousness – of her Insta account.
6. Tamu McPherson (@tamumcpherson)
All The Pretty Birds‘ Tamu has one of my favourite types of Instagrams – a varied one. We’re talking travel, architecture, art, fashion and fitness, all wrapped up into one very eye-pleasing package.
7. Cindy van der Heyden (@cottds)
I’m not usually a huge fan of monochrome err’thang (it’s a bit obvious), but Cindy is the only Instagrammer I know who makes their kid interesting. Plus, that hair!
8. I Have This Thing With Floors (@ihavethisthingwithfloors)
‘Nuff said, right?
9. Tony Detroit (@tonydetroit)
I have no idea who this Tony guy is, but his haunting photographs of post-recession Detroit are incredible. They simultaneously make me want to visit, and make me very glad I don’t live there.
10. Dusty Boy Designs (@dustyboydesigns)
Dusty Boy is another Irish interiors shop, owned by make-up artist Kate Rose Crean and her husband – and I’m the proud owner of two of their prints, several notebooks and a few gorgeous cards. In my dreams, I also own their dog.